Currently out of stock – please take a look at the YABBY3-4g
This compact, rugged battery GPS tracking device has been designed for tracking machinery, containers, trailers, skip bins, and other assets where super-long battery life is required without sacrificing the frequency of updates and performance.
These are an excellent choice for tracking valuable vehicles that you are looking to recover if stolen.
Ready to go out of the box, simply attach to the vehicle or asset and login to our app with the details supplied.
By default these trackers are configured to send location updates to our online tracking portal every 24 hours while stationary, increasing to once every half an hour while the asset is moving. Aside from the ease of installation and the ability to install the YABBY on whatever asset you wish, the periodic updating approach adds an extra layer of security by making them immune to detection by gps / gsm signal scanners.
The unit is supplied with batteries, which are easily available and user replaceable.
- 2G GSM Modem
- High performance GPS and accelerometer tracking
- Supplied with 3 x AAA Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries
- Up to 2 years battery life with once daily updates
- IP67 rugged weather-proof housing
- Small, compact, easy to install and conceal
- Alternative housings available
As with all of our trackers, you will need to purchase a tracking subscription to go with it. This then comes pre-configured with the SIM card installed, ready to send tracking information to our web based tracking platform. Please get in touch if you’d like a demo or have specific requirements you’d like to discuss.
Can be configured to send you instant app notifications, email or text message alerts when the asset:
- Exits pre-defined area
- Starts moving
The Yabby is a smaller version of the hugely popular Oyster2, from Digital Matter – world leaders in battery powered trackers.
Low-profile IP67 rugged housing
The housing screws together for easy assembly, and has 2 convenient mounting tabs. It is low-profile and light making it suitable for mounting on a collar, or placing in packages.
Dimensions: 85 mm x 63 mm x 24 mm (including mounting tabs)
Weight: 160 grams with batteries
The Yabby uses 3 x “AAA” size 1.5V alkaline or lithium batteries
Off-the-shelf 1.5V Lithium:
The Yabby should be fitted with off-the-shelf 1.5V Lithium batteries for operation in cold temperature conditions, or to offer the maximum battery life. These are readily available from retail outlets, for example Energizer Ultimate Lithium.
-20°C to +60°C
For operation in extreme temperatures, the Yabby must be fitted with Lithium batteries. Batteries are affected by temperature extremes and typical performance is dependent on temperature.
High sensitivity GPS
- Supports concurrent GPS and GLONASS and other GNSS systems
- 72 channel high sensitivity receiver
- -167dBm industry leading tracking performance
- Optimal hot-start performance.
The Yabby uses both the GPS and GLONASS positioning systems simultaneously. This allows the device to use twice the number of satellites to get a position fix – making it faster and more accurate.
Low Noise GPS Amplifier (LNA)
GPS signals are boosted by a special low-noise amplifier (LNA). This allows the Yabby to operate where normal units will fail to receive GPS signal – like in a container stack!
Internal GPS and Cellular antennas tuned by top RF laboratories to ensure optimal performance.
3 Axis Accelerometer
The 3-axis accelerometer allows the Yabby to ‘sleep’ in an ultra-low power state yet still wakeup when movement occurs.
Sufficient memory to store over 25,000 records. Normally data is sent to the server immediately but if the device is out of range there is space to ensure no data is lost.
All-Inclusive subscription to our fully featured web based tracking and fleet management portal and mobile phone apps.
Key features include
- Live, real time tracking – view all of your trackers from a single web page, plotted on a map.
- Alerts – instant app notifications, email and SMS alerts. This allows for alerting in cases of driving behaviour like speeding, fuel and maintenance events, geo-fencing and many other types of alerts.
- Reports – location history, trip, chart and summary reports. You can view data directly in the web or mobile app and also export and download an Excel file. History can also be projected on the map providing visual representation. Quick access drivers start and finish times for each day.
- Scheduled reports by email detailing trips taken including driver behaviour and fuel usage.
- Apps with push notifications for apple and android
The subscription includes a data sim card for use with our range of trackers and access to our secure tracking and alerting platform. These multi-network SIM cards are designed for IOT and Tracker use – optimised to give the best network access possible. The sim cards that we supply allow your tracker to work in over 150 countries across Europe and beyond.
Because our solution is developed in-house, if there’s functionality that isn’t in our system that you require, please get in touch and we will aim to accommodate your requirements.
You will be sent login details to the tracking platform as soon as your purchase is completed – your trackers will automatically be added. From here you can setup alerts and reports for all aspects of the tracking data.
Tracking Subscription Coverage
Our tracking subscription will provide GSM Network coverage for our trackers in the following countries:
Antigua And Barbuda
Bosnia And Herzegowina
Congo, The Democratic Republic
Korea, Republic Of
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic Of
Moldova, Republic Of
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts And Nevis
Slovakia, Slovak Republic
Tanzania, United Republic Of
Turks And Caicos Islands
United Arab Emirates