Self contained, battery powered tracker, ideal for non-powered assets such as trailers, caravans, boats and containers. Also very effective as a security tracker for any vehicle, cars, vans, plant, machinery, diggers, telehandlers, tractors and dumpers.
By default these trackers are configured to send location updates to our online tracking portal every 24 hours while stationary, increasing to once every half an hour while the asset is moving. Aside from the ease of installation and the ability to install the Oyster on whatever asset you wish, the periodic updating approach adds an extra layer of security by making them immune to detection by gps / gsm signal scanners. Highly configurable by request, for example, can be set to update once a day at 9am or if it moves between midnight and 5am. “Recovery Mode” can be activated through the tracking portal to put the unit into live tracking mode, to aid with theft recovery.
The unit is supplied with batteries, which are easily available and user replaceable.
- High performance GPS and accelerometer tracking
- Supplied with 3 x AA Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries
- Battery Meter for accurate monitoring
- Up to 10 years battery life once daily updates
- IP67 rugged weather-proof housing
- Small, compact and easy to install and conceal
- Optional magnetic mount available with 150kg pull strength
When selected with a tracking subscription, this tracker comes pre-configured with the SIM card and batteries installed, ready to send tracking information to our web based tracking platform. Please get in touch if you’d like a demo or have specific requirements you’d like to discuss.
Can be configured to send you app notifications, email or text message alerts when the asset:
- Exits pre-defined area
- Starts moving
Low-profile IP67 rugged housing
The housing screws together for easy assembly, and has 2 convenient mounting tabs. It is low-profile making it easier to mount in the corrugation on containers or concealed on the underside of a trailer, for example.
L 137 x W 72 x H 30mm
The Oyster2 uses 3 x “AA” size batteries.
The device can be fitted with off-the-shelf 1.5V Lithium batteries. These are readily available from retail outlets, for example Energizer Ultimate Lithium.
Lithium Thionyl Chloride (LTC) Batteries:
For optimum performance the device can be fitted with LTC Batteries. This kind of battery offers extended temperature tolerance, high capacity and extremely low self-discharge rates.
Battery Life with Adaptive-Tracking
The Oyster3 can be set to use Adaptive-Tracking technology where the accelerometer and GPS data are used to intelligently work out if it is moving and to send frequent updates, and to scale the update rate down to once per day if the asset is stationary – to preserve battery life.
-20°C to +60°C
For operation in extreme temperatures, the Oyster3 must be fitted with LTC batteries. Batteries are affected by temperature extremes and typical performance is dependent on temperature.
High sensitivity GPS
- Supports concurrent GPS and GLONASS
- 72 channel high sensitivity receiver
- -167dBm industry leading tracking performance
- Optimal hot-start performance.
- AssistNow Offline aiding data for fast time-to-first-fix and performance in urban canyon environments
The Oyster2 uses both the GPS and GLONASS positioning systems simultaneously. This allows the device to use twice the number of satellites to get a position fix – making it faster and more accurate.
Low Noise GPS Amplifier (LNA)
GPS signals are boosted by a special low-noise amplifier (LNA). This allows the Oyster2 to operate where normal units will fail to receive GPS signal – like in a container stack!
Nordic nRF9160 Modem operates on all major global LTE-M and NB-IoT bands.
Internal GPS and Cellular RF antennas tuned by the RF laboratories to ensure optimal performance.
3 Axis Accelerometer
The 3-axis accelerometer allows the Oyster2 to ‘sleep’ in an ultra-low power state yet still wakeup when movement occurs.
The accelerometer also allows for High G-force event detection (like assets being dropped or involved in accidents)
The Oyster3 has enough flash to store many weeks of data records, and will record information even when out of cellular coverage.
The flash memory is also used to store firmware updates, GPS aiding data, parameters and other important information.
All-Inclusive subscription to our fully featured web based tracking and fleet management portal and mobile phone apps.
Key features include
- Live, real time tracking – view all of your trackers from a single web page, plotted on a map.
- Alerts – instant app notifications, email and SMS alerts. This allows for alerting in cases of driving behaviour like speeding, fuel and maintenance events, geo-fencing and many other types of alerts.
- Reports – location history, trip, chart and summary reports. You can view data directly in the web or mobile app and also export and download an Excel file. History can also be projected on the map providing visual representation. Quick access drivers start and finish times for each day.
- Scheduled reports by email detailing trips taken including driver behaviour and fuel usage.
- Apps with push notifications for apple and android
The subscription includes a data sim card for use with our range of trackers and access to our secure tracking and alerting platform. These multi-network SIM cards are designed for IOT and Tracker use – optimised to give the best network access possible. The sim cards that we supply allow your tracker to work in over 150 countries across Europe and beyond.
Because our solution is developed in-house, if there’s functionality that isn’t in our system that you require, please get in touch and we will aim to accommodate your requirements.
You will be sent login details to the tracking platform as soon as your purchase is completed – your trackers will automatically be added. From here you can setup alerts and reports for all aspects of the tracking data.
Tracking Subscription Coverage
Our tracking subscription will provide GSM Network coverage for our trackers in the following countries:
Antigua And Barbuda
Bosnia And Herzegowina
Congo, The Democratic Republic
Korea, Republic Of
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic Of
Moldova, Republic Of
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts And Nevis
Slovakia, Slovak Republic
Tanzania, United Republic Of
Turks And Caicos Islands
United Arab Emirates